Collected and Disclosed Information
- Plusqo may request information from you in order to grant you access to selected content and features of our Site. Plusqo may use this information to contact you regarding your relationship with the Site and to provide services that you have requested. Plusqo may share your information with vendors we select as necessary to provide products or services you have requested or to provide information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- For example, Plusqo subscriptions are managed by ‘The Rocket Science Group’ (MailChimp). New subscribers link from our Site to MailChimp’s website to sign up for a subscription via a secure server. In addition, Plusqo may make available the names and mailing addresses of our subscribers to carefully screened third-party organizations whose products and services might prove interesting to you. If you do not wish to receive mailings from such organizations, please let us know by writing to [email protected]
- Information collected in aggregate form includes the number of visitors to the Site, the pages they visit, and how long they stay. We collect these kinds of aggregate user information to help us continually improve our services and to sell sponsorships on the Site to appropriate advertisers. Plusqo discloses this aggregate user information to advertisers. Note that advertisers do not have any influence over the editorial content or reviews that appear on the Site. In addition, Plusqo collects information from visitors who click on advertisements so that we are able to measure interest in the various areas of our Site and inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their ads. Plusqo also uses demographic and preference information only in aggregate form to allow advertising banners on our Site to be targeted to the readers for whom they are most pertinent.
- Plusqo cooperates with all law-enforcement inquiries, official investigations and legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, and reserves the right to disclose personally identifying and/or aggregate information in connection with a subpoena or other court-sanctioned demand for such information.
- We reserve the right to access, use and share with others your personally identifiable information for purposes of health, safety and other matters in the public interest. In addition, we reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographical location), which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including, without limitation, to help diagnosis problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends, track users' movements around our Site and to otherwise administer our Site. Geographic location information about you and/or your computer, mobile or other device may specifically be used to show you content and sponsored messaging based on geographic location. We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell and share aggregated anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
IP Addresses; Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- Plusqo logs IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We use the IP address log in an aggregate fashion to track access to our Site.
- As is standard practice on many websites, the Site uses “cookies” and other similar technologies such as clear gifs (collectively "Local Device Storage") to recognize you and provide personalization, as well as to help us understand which parts of our Site are the most popular, where our visitors are going, and how much time they spend there. We reserve the right to place cookies on your computer with unique anonymous numbers for purposes such as to ensure that your browser does not see the same ad over and over again, to sequence ads in a series, and to measure the number of unique visitors that have viewed a particular ad or visited a particular web page. You may decline Local Device Storage by using the appropriate feature of your web software, if available; however, declining to use Local Device Storage may impede the ability of the Site to function properly.
- In addition, we use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Site. This company may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number) about your visit to this Site, including IP address, in order to provide advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
- In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the "Tracking Technologies"). We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we described above for the use of Local Device Storage.
User Generated Content (Message Boards, Forums, Reader Reviews and Chats)Please remember that any personal information you disclose in the message boards, forums, reader reviews, and chats becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. If you send us e-mails, you should be aware that information disclosed in emails may not be secure or encrypted and, thus, may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in e-mails or via the Internet.
SecurityPlusqo has invested, and will continue to invest, in high-quality security measures designed to guard access to information, data quality, and physical security of servers where information is stored. Our Site has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control and uses encryption technology where appropriate. We cannot, however, guarantee the confidentiality of any communication transmitted to or from Plusqo via the Site or emails. Accordingly, Plusqo is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Collection of Personal Data from ChildrenOur Site is not directed to users under the age of 18. Plusqo will not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18 (“children”) or provide any personally identifying information of children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. No information provided by users self-identified as children will knowingly be used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever.
Information Security and Notification
- Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guaranty the security of the information you sent to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using our Site, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the site and/or use our Site, including, without limitation, your personally identifiable information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
- Moreover, if you elect to store information, such as your personally identifiable information where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device or it is stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
- In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
Controlling your personal informationYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]